Tuesday, December 20, 2011

NRW Adventure, Teil II

Not only was poor Pris under the weather during most of my visit to Düsseldorf, the city was also suffering from persistently rainy weather. Needless to say major sightseeing did not take place. My last day there, however, I did have a few hours to walk around and managed to snap a few pictures. It being a rainy morning on a Wednesday, even the Altstadt (old town) was more or less deserted, leaving me the streets of Christmassy-D-dorf all to myself:

Right before I was off to the station to catch my train back to Berlin, I watched the following scene unfold. Want to guess what was going on?

Answer: Man on the left being pulled over by a policeman on a horse for jay-walking. I've heard (and joked) about the fact that people actually get fined in Germany for jay-walking but had never seen it happen with my own eyes.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Man, your photos make D'dorf look amazingly depressing! I miss Florida... Thanks for visiting and taking care of me!